As a Public Adjuster in the Philadelphia area, I have seen my fair share of flood claims. Between our various rivers, record amounts of rain, and outdated water drainage systems, Flood Claims are on the rise.
Often times, there is not much that can be done to prepare for the damage that comes with a flood. Most homeowners don’t think of it as a possibility until they find their belongings floating in the basement or living room.
If you have experienced flood damage from rain water, your first step should be to get in touch with Eddie Russeck then follow these steps below.
- Document everything. As safely as possible, use your cell phone to video and photograph as much of the damaged area as possible. Be sure to store your video using a cloud service like Google Drive or Dropbox so that this can be accessed for making a claim. Consider printing the photos that you took as well for physical evidence.
- Meeting with your adjuster. Your Public Adjuster is here to help you claim as much as possible and re-gain from your loss. If accessible, please have your insurance information ready so that your adjuster can begin the process on your behalf.
- Protect yourself. Unfortunately, there are less-than-professional individuals who try to seize your situation as an opportunity for profit. It may be a good idea to avoid calls from numbers that you do not recognize and only return calls to professionals directly related to your claim.
- Continue to protect yourself from hazards. Floods regularly damage foundations and structural integrity of even the sturdiest homes. Any time that you re-enter your property, extreme caution must be observed.
- Begin rebuilding. As you begin collecting from your claim, it’s important to begin rebuilding your home. Use trusted contractors for the cleanout process as well as rebuilding. Be sure to use the best contractors possible. There will be many considerations because of the situation, so you will want to pay particular attention to mold remediation and issues with leveling.
Eddie Russeck Public Adjusters, Inc. is one call away if you have experienced this kind of loss. We help our clients by being a trusted advisor to help you step by step. If you are in need of assistance, please contact us, and we will take it from there.